Sunday, July 29, 2007

bizy ... bizy ... busy ...

We had our district conference this last week ... so every night was taken ... nothing like coming home from vacation to a "busy schedule"!



I received a call today that my friend Alicia's father had passed away early this morning (Saturday) ... Alicia and I grew up together ... lots of childhood memories ... so of course - it allowed me to "recall a few" ... and while thinking about our younger days ... I began to ponder what she must be feeling right now ... I always try to put myself in the "other persons shoes" ... and today I can do this quite well, since I've actually tried this pair on myself ...



It's definitely not a fun day ... but I do remember the sense of relief the day my Dad passed ... because just as my Dad ... Alicia's had been very ill.



I'm so saddened today for my friend ... but when you've actually "been there done that" it hits a little closer to home ... and she has been on my mind all day!



Heavy heart ...



This evening we went out to dinner with the Child Evangelists that did our Children's Church for the conference ... LeAnna decided to stay with Nana ... and Nana found some old slides of me as a baby up until about the age of LeAnna now ... she had so much fun looking at "Mommy" as a little girl ...



I found a couple of pictures I wanted to share ...



And with the "heavy heart" and all ... it made me miss my Daddy even more when I found this picture this evening ... With my Mom and my Dad, I was ten years old and my Mama Neely was celebrating her 70th birthday!






This picture ... I was about 4 ...



Nothing like a little stroll down "the lane" ...

We had a great day today ... went to breakfast at Monnell's ... a "Walton's style" breakfast ... with Dj and Karla Shoulders in honor of her birthday ... and then this afternoon we spent quality time together as a family ... which we truly enjoyed, especially after just coming off of our vacation and being together for a whole week ...

Can't stress enough how important "family time" and vacations are ... it is SO needed especially in this day and age we live in ... the family has got to stay connected ...

So maybe we'll call it "Connection" instead of "Vacation" next time! ha!

We're going on connection! =)

Ok ... you know what? It's late! ha! Time for me to go to bed!

Tata ... tammy

No comments: