Friday, July 20, 2007

My Beach Baby ...

Well ... it's about over ...

And I think we had the perfect ending to a great and wonderful vacation!

I did beach pictures at sunset with LeAnna this evening ... wow ... so excited! Was so worth all the trouble ...

It's hard to be "the mommy" of the subject AND the photographer! Whew!

BUT ... so worth it!

I'll post a few after we get home ...

After pictures ... we stayed on the beach and watched the sunset ... was SO nice ... played in the sand some more and buried each other! ha!

At one point ... I was sitting in my beach chair alone while Nate and LeAnna walked back out to the water one last time ... holding hands, walking together ... and was thinking of how wonderful our time here together was this week ...

I think it's one of the best vacations we've had ... and probably a lot of it is because LeAnna is older ... but as far as relaxing and winding down to the cares of this "life" ... this was pretty awesome!

At lunch this afternoon ... we talked about our plans for next year ... we're definitely coming back ... we love it!

So ... back to "as I was sitting there" ... it was one of those moments I wanted to "freeze" ... I tried really hard to memorize the moment ... just to recall later when I'm feeling stressed or having a bad day!

I am so thankful for times like these ... Yes ... I love vacation ... and Yes ... sad it's almost over ... But ... also happy to get back home and into a routine again ...

This vacation has been very special ... just knowing that my baby is starting school in three weeks ... and this was our last "hoorah" if you will ... I know we'll have more summer vacations ... every year ... between school ... BUT ...

This one is just different for me ...

School makes a child grow up so quickly ... and once she starts ... the time, the years, the moments will zoom by! So ... I guess I'm just being a little sentimental about her "baby years" ... they're officially over ...

hmmm ... heavy heart ...

That's why the pictures this evening were so important to me ... although in the pictures she looks SO grown up ... she's still and will always be my baby.

happy ending to a perfect day ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Your trip sounds wonderful!
The cut-out story is a hoot.
You always have the funniest things happen to you.
I've been wanting to go to Savannah forever.
I'm jealous!!! :)