Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Connection ...

Wow!

I can tell we've been on vacation and been together SOLID for 9 days straight ...

LeAnna has mentioned several times today about "needing" her Daddy ...

She came up to me once today and said, "I need you to hold me" ...

Bless her heart ...

I was missing Daddy today too ... I guess we were stuck together for 9 days, ... well ... not stuck ... yikes! You know what I mean ... "together" constantly the whole time we were gone ...

It only proves one thing to me ...

EVERYONE needs a "family vacation" ... if for nothing more than to "reconnect" and concentrate on each other and no one else for "more than 5 minutes at a time"!

I'm happy about our "family tradition" that we've started ... and look forward to our time together ...

I guess having this as a child ... it just brings back SO many memories that I wouldn't trade for anything ... and I want LeAnna to have that same thing!


Well ... tomorrow (Wednesday) is a big day for LeAnna ...

She has been waiting ALL summer to "tour" her new school ...

When we went for testing a few months ago ... she went into the office, did the testing and then had to leave ... she was SO disappointed ... but they had so many kids to test that day ...

Oh man ... was she one disappointed little girl! Yikes! The very idea of "big girl school" and being SO hyped up about going that day ... just to be let down ... WOW!!! I can only imagine the "trauma" that would cause to a five year old's mind! =)

Oh well ... tomorrow the wish comes true! And she is ready!
So ... we'll post how it goes ... I'm sure I'll have my camera in tow! =)

You know me ... gotta catch those "first moments" ... =)

It's so funny how some people (daddy) complains about me taking so many pictures ... or always having my camera ... BUT is the first one to want to "review the pictures"!

ha! oh well ... that's okay ... I've learned ... I'd rather be "different" than to look back one day and regret not doing something I wanted to do ... all for the sake of looking dumb or different!

Just picking on you Nate ... =)

It's late I know ... once again ... and I must try and get some sleep ... I'm a bit excited too I guess! =)

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can. ~Danny Kaye

Happy evening ... tammy

1 comment:

TracieClaiborne said...

Don't feel bad....I'm also a shutterbug. You only live once and you can't get back a photo moment!