Today was the big day for LeAnna! We did our tour - well "her" tour ... this was my third tour ...
At one point, she said, "I wish today was my first day of school!" ...
She loved it ... we saw the library, cafeteria, multipurpose room (where gatherings, plays, meetings, etc. happen), the kindergarten classes, the science lab, the office ... and we visited the middle school and the high school ... She was so excited! She said her favorite thing to see today was the library ... it's very large and had lots of computers ... =) Her only two disappointments today were ... #1 not seeing the "gym" and #2 not knowing which class would be hers!
The roster has not been released to even the teachers yet ... we spoke with one teacher today and she told us that as soon as they found out, that LeAnna would be receiving a postcard from her teacher - introducing herself ... which would happen in the next two weeks (before registration) ...
Another big "a-ha" for her today was ... when we first walked in she saw lockers and she got SO excited! She is so intrigued by lockers for some reason ... anyhoo ... I knew you had to be in middle school to get "a locker" ... but we found out that they get "cubbies" that look like a locker without a door on it ... this put a smile on her face! She was happy that she was going to have "a spot" for her things!
... Those were her "moments" today ...
But I had a few of my own ...
As all parents do and especially Mom's ... we daily teach independence ... pushing them to "do it on their own", "try harder", "You're a big girl - you can do it", "you're not a baby anymore - you can do this" ... and on and on ... it seems from birth almost, we start trying to get them to be independent of us ... in many areas ... and PRAY that one day they will finally be able to cut those strings that are lovingly connected to us ... all the while "not wanting them to let go" ...
and then one day ... it happens ...
they are suddenly independent ... our work paid off (so to speak) ...
BUT ... at the same time ... their being "independent" makes you long for their dependency again!
And in a "moment" today ... I watched a co-dependent child, change right before my eyes and became "miss independent" ...
I teared up ...
no one saw ...
yes ... in a public place ...
Oh well ... it happens ...
It's life ...
It's almost as if touring her school today, pushed her over that last hump of dependency.
I'm happy ...
I'm sad ...
She's losing her baby look ... well ... she's pretty much lost the baby look ... she now sports the "grown up, I'm almost 6, miss independent look" !
Yikes ...
Scary ...
Okay ... do I sound pathetic enough?!
Stop already, right?!
Anyhoo ...
Someone PLEASE rescue me from trying to sign up and donate my time to every event or project that is offered to me in the next few months!
Not only is she cutting her strings ... I guess I need to cut a few of my own ...
We'll see ... =)
happy day, tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment