
Good Morning ...
Well ... LeAnna did much better this morning ... once she "realized" it was a school morning from her groggy wake-up, she started to tear up ... I turned around and said, "what's wrong?" and she said, "nothing" (as she squeaked, trying not to let the tears roll out of her eyes) ... so immediately I realized what was starting to happen ... so I started our "silly stuff" ... these funny made up songs (usually very spontaneous) ... so she began to smile and then eventually laughing so hard - she finally had a "good excuse" for letting the tears roll out! ha!
We got to school, got in the classroom and she began the "holding and not letting go" stuff ... but the teacher started talking about meeting her "Daddy" tonight ... and she brightened up a bit ... I continued talking to the teacher, she joined the others and then I slipped away ... tonight is her first little program at school ... she gets to sing tonight and she's very excited ... especially since we're all going to be there to watch! And then "Safari Greg" and all kinds of animals will be there doing a show after they sing ... should be an exciting evening!
After I left school this morning, I took my "normal" way home ... but a little store in West Meade caught my eye ... so I decided to stop ... it's called the "Curiosity Shop" ... I was "curious" so I went inside ... it said ANTIQUES under the sign ... and I thought, cool ... an antique store I've never been to ...
Well ...
I'm still "curious" that's why I left! ha! ... oh my ... I was a little disappointed and tried REALLY hard to give this little bitty shoppe the benefit of the doubt ... I even made up in my mind walking around, well "trying" to walk around in there that I would find "something" to take home! The little old lady tried SO HARD to help me and make "some type of sale" ... that I felt sorry for her ... you would have thought I was in Dillards and she was offering to get me a "different size" ... ha! She seemed that excited that I "visited" her this morning ... and I tell you I tried really hard to find "something" ... and I did find some interesting books ... and even lingered there a minute - until I read a note that said, "My reference books, not for sale - thanks, Betty" ... oh well! Thanks Betty! ... so I continued my search in the case that 'was for sale' ...but the only thing I found worth "wanting" was a cookbook and it was stained and had some "dried", once soggy spots on it. There were things piled up with no form or fashion to it, one pile even had a phone book in it ... maybe they're still "fixing up the place" ... oh well ... it was very warm in there and smelled of smoke ... so as "curious" as I was - I made a friendly exit and made it to my car before she pulled me back in ... (she was at the door when I left).
So much for the "Curiosity Shop"!
I do, however, really enjoy the "Cozy Cottage" ... which is near my home and it's a LOT more organized ... it's an old house and each room contains items that would go in that particular room ... for instance, kitchen items are in the kitchen, etc ... I guess I like this particular shop much better for the same reason I would rather shop Target vs. Walmart! Everything is so organized and almost color coded it seems ... it MAKES you want to make a purchase! And I usually do ... I do Walmart when "I have to", either because it's more convenient or it's actually "open"!
Okay - enough huh?! So, Happy Thursday as I leave you with this thought ...
"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons." ~Ruth Ann Schabacker
No comments:
Post a Comment