Thursday, April 06, 2006

Not Feeling So Well ...

Good Morning ...

We took LeAnna to the doctor yesterday and she has Strep Throat and Scarlet Fever ... the doc said she don't really like to call it that anymore because it freaks people out (including my Mother who was with me!) ... She assured us that "now" it's treatable, back then it wasn't ... SO ... today they call it "Strep Throat with the Rash" ... Anyhoo ... her little cheeks are swelled up, red and chapped looking ... she's running a temp, her throat is hurting (very broke out) and she has a rash all over ... They gave her a shot of antibiotics in the office and then mentioned that she was concerned with her heart! Apparently strep can affect your heart ... and she was very concerned because of the open heart surgery last year .... SO ... she is supposed to be getting with the cardiologist this morning and then getting with me to let me know what else we need to do in regards to her heart. Okay ... so I was fine with the strep, etc. until she mentioned that it could affect her heart! So ... I'll post again once we find out today ... a little anxious.


I meant to post these picture yesterday and didn't ... Nate got me roses for our Anniversary ... he traditionally does "red", but decided he wanted it to be different and special ... so he did pink! I thought they were beautiful ... Roses have special meaning in our realtionship ... Nathan gave me roses frequently while we were dating ... I saved them, dried them out and kept them ... these "dried petals" is what my flower girl threw out of her basket going down the isle when we got married. Yeah, I'm a sentimental buff! =) But what's REALLY cool ... is that Nate remembered LeAnna and got her a small glass bowl with a single pink rose in it, with a balloon attached! WOW!!! Came in handy when LeAnna saw what Mommy got! ha! She was a little upset until she saw that Nate got her something too ... what a guy! Way to go Nate!!!!

So ... I will post later what the doc has to say ... Happy Thursday as I leave you with this thought ...


"Married life teaches one invaluable lesson: to think of things far enough ahead not to say them." ~Jefferson Machamer

No comments: