Friday, April 21, 2006

Sweets-N-Snakes ...

Last Night we went to LeAnna's program at school ... which was her first program since she didn't start pre-school until February ... We didn't get clearance from the Doctor until November ... and with my grandmother passing away in January and us going to Florida we got a late start.

The event was called Sweets-N-Snakes ... we toured her room, talked with the teachers, had some "sweets", the kids peformed a few songs and then Safari Greg did an animal show! I posted a few pics from the event.

LeAnna had a pretty big audience for her first program ... she had 11 fans there to back her up! Of course the first song was over in like 20 seconds! ha! But she sang again and they had lots of fun ... I was a little worried that she wouldn't get up there - but she did great and seemed to really enjoy showing all her "fans" around her classroom.





At the end of the show Safari Greg brought out this VERY large snake and LeAnna's mouth opened wide and her eyes got really wide and she said, "I am NOT touching that!" ... I don't blame her ... I wasn't really interested in touching it either!



I only teared up once and MADE myself hold them in! So silly me ... but, hey ... another one of those "firsts" ... it was a nice evening ...

Happy "Friday" ... as I leave you with this thought ...

"We could never have loved the earth so well if we had had no childhood in it." ~George Eliot, The Mill on the Floss, 1860

No comments: