Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Green? ... GREEN!!!!




Good Morning ...

As you can see ... Nate got around to starting on the Playroom! FINALLY!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how bad my head ached trying to decide on a shade of Green! I found the perfect shade at Home Goods on a king size duvet cover ... well ... no, I didn't buy it ... but probably should have just to save me from going so "nuts" in Lowes yesterday! Finding the perfect shade of green is like trying to find the perfect shade of white! Ever go to the store to look for ANYTHING white?!!!! OH my ... didn't know "white" had SO many shades! ha! Anyhoo ... standing in Lowes ... desperate as any "domestic wanna be" could be ... and all of a sudden ... out of the "green" (ha) ... this woman appears ... she's in 70's shorts (polyester with a shade lighter trim, sort of rounded on the edges) ... you remember the kind? Anyhoo ... covered in paint, from head to toe ... walked up to the counter and said ... "love the green"! "You made a great choice" ... (mind you, I had five shades laying out on the counter, still trying to decide) ... she just kept rambling ... "I just painted every room in my house lime green" ... (lovely I thought) ... her mother was standing beside her (dresed the same), nodding her head and backing up everything she was saying ... "I re-paint" my entire house every season! That's right folks ... EVERY Season!!!! If I've calculated correctly - that would be every 3 months! Oh My Goodness ... then she said ... "For Christmas, I painted every room in my house red"! (WHAT?! - OH my) ... "why, yes, just recently I painted everything lime green" ... okay, so WHO is this lady? ... But hey, you know me ... I attract the weird ones "somehow"! So anyhoo ... at least she gave me some tips on narrowing down my "challenged search" for the perfect shade of green ... so then she walked off and I was left with two choices ... I finally decided to go with the lighter shade, due to low lighting in the playroom (1 light and two VERY small windows, that will be covered with curtains) ... I figured it would darken up a bit ... SO ... I left Lowes ... satisfied that I actually left the store with some green paint, but still nervous about what it was going to look like!

Arrived home with the paint can ... Nate looked at it and said, is that what you want? I sheepishly looked at the top of the paint can, you know - where they "paint" a sample of what they just mixed ... it's only like a 1-inch sample ... as I looked down at it, the color disappeared, it was so light ... and I said, "yes" ... not with as much confidence as I TRIED so hard to portray ...

He started painting (with a little helper in tow) ... yes, the 1st 5 minutes into the "paint job" Nathan yelled from downstairs for me to bring a wet washrag and towels ... yes ... LeAnna had already stepped in the paint! I washed her up and left them down there to "paint" ... I knew "somehow" I would be in the way! ha!

I actually like it! Can't wait to see it with the other colors I'm going to accent with ... a couple of shades of pink, some yellow, darker green, teal, etc. ...

Anyhoo ... the big issue NOW ... is that Nate put one coat on and he thinks that's all it needs ... SO ... guess I'm going to have to "learn" to paint today, so it will get a second coat ... OH YEAH, the last thing the "paint lady" said to me as she was walking away was .... "remember honey ... your 1st coat is your work coat ... your 2nd coat is your pretty coat"! ... and I guess the "paint lady" would know huh?! .... ha!


On a more "solemn note" .... PLEASE remember our Youth Leader at our church in your prayers ... he was involved in an accident at work yesterday, an explosion happened, he caught on fire ... you can ONLY imagine the rest ... he is at Vanderbilt ... will be there for about a month ... is going to have to have surgeries on his hands (both sides were affected) and his chest/shoulders ... his face received a substantial amount of damage as well ... he is on a breathing tube and in really bad shape ... PLEASE remember him and his family in your prayers ... his name is Nick and his wife's name is Alisa ... they have a 6 month old baby named Peyton.

Happy Tuesday ... as I leave you with some really cool tips I came across ....

Household Heroes - Get things done with what you have around the house.

Prevent stove-top messes. Coat the top edge of a pot with oil to stop food from boiling over.

Keep kitchen tools in shape. Carefuly rub a piece of wax paper over the blade of your can opener to keep it working smoothly.

Banish smells. Rub a cutting board with dry mustard powder, and then rinse it, to remove onion odors.

Freshen plastic storage containers. To get rid of tomato sauce stains, fill the container with warm water, drop in one or two denture-cleaning tablets, let sit for 20 minutes and rinse.

... tammy

No comments: