
Last night our family went to O'Charley's on White Bridge Road for our "family night" that we do every Monday night. We ended up waiting a while for our food, Nathan got "bad tea", etc. it was to the point that he actually went and got a manager - and Nathan doesn't do that very often! So FINALLY we got our food and it probably would not have been as big of a deal as we made it ... if ... we had not had the same trouble at two or three restaurants in the past couple of weeks ... So ... being "fresh" on our minds - it made it a little worse. To the point that someone commented (can't remember who) ... "here we go again"! So ... then ... finishing up dinner ... sitting there and chatting ... LeAnna and Dawson (pictured above) were standing beside our chairs behind us and all of a sudden this lady that we had not seen before (but a waitress there we found out later) ran up the steps beside where we were sitting and grabbed LeAnna and took off running!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! The lady was about 5 booths down before we "processed" what was happening and by this time LeAnna is screaming "NO ... NO ... NO!!!! I was ready to come over the booth and Nathan stood up and yelled at her to bring her back! She returned her and sat her down and I let her have it! Telling her I did not appreciate her snatching my daughter up and then taking off running! She said she was just playing ... okay ... WHATEVER!!!! It might have been "somewhat" different if she had served our table or had even interacted with LeAnna at all that evening ... BUT ... that was the first time we had seen her ... After she said she was playing and I lit into her ... she got upset and starting smarting off ... instead of being sorry for what trauma she had caused ... she stomped off and said, "I just won't ever pick up kids again"! GOOD! I hope she doesn't - at least in that circumstance! I can't even begin to tell you how that made me feel!!!! I was in shock when we left the restaurant as to what just happened! LeAnna was crying all the way home ... even after we got home ... and asking "where was she going to take me?" ... I spoke with the manager at O'Charleys and he was very nice and apologetic and said she would be reprimanded ... and that their employees are instructed to not even pick up a child due to liability issues ... he was very sorry it happened and promised me several times that she would be taken care of ... and that he hoped our daughter would be okay and rest peacefully.
I still can't believe it happened ... I know she was "just playing" ... BUT ... abduction happens everyday and this little incident really brought it to my attention and has made me aware!
I "think" I feel better in knowing "she was just playing" and not a true abductor ... I can't even imagine "dealing with this incident" if she truly had something else in mind! REALLY makes you stop and think of what a "sick world" we live in everyday ... and that children "really are" abducted! I just can't even imagine ... and am SO THANKFUL to be able to write this today knowing it was an "awareness incident" for us and not something else!
... as far as "free money" I had to spend yesterday ... yes I spent it ... ha! But all on LeAnna of course! The children's department is the first place I go and once the money was spent ... I didn't even drift to the dresses! =)
Okay ... so on a "different" note ... I leave you with this ... a "Tammy Joke" ... (known for these) ... Oh well!
"Two eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly ...
But when they lit a fire in the craft - it sank,
proving once and for all that you can't have
your kayak and heat it too!"
... happy Tuesday ... tammy
3 comments:
How terrible - I can't believe that waitress - she should be fired. Has LeAnna said anymore about it?
I agree with Jan the waitress should be fired. I'm still wondering if something had been planned but LeAnna screaming like she did put a stop to it. God forbid.
I was thinking along the same lines as Nena. You never know about these things. I'm glad LeAnna screamed! I've been praying for her. She won't forget this anytime soon. I to hope they fired the waitress
Post a Comment