Friday, March 31, 2006

A "Sparkling" Friday ...

Bath Time!!!!! Princess had her first bath last night! She was a little scared, shaking, READY to jump out of the sink! But she does smell good! Then ... after a "new" experience with the hair dryer (which she hated) she was worn out and fell asleep on top of LeAnna on the couch!
She is SO confused ... I took her out for 30 minutes first thing this morning and she just "sniffed" the grass the whole time! She is paper trained and not understanding what to do yet!

Yesterday our Sunday School Staff met at VUMC to see one of our fellow teachers in the Burn Unit and visit with his family ... this is the guy, Nick I mentioned earlier in the week ... he is still on the breathing tube and they are thinking he might have some type of pneumonia, not sure yet ... he's in bad shape and still in need of MAJOR prayer! ... our Sunday School "group" was supposed to meet at Starbucks in Rivergate last night for our monthly "get-together", but since this happened to Nick, we felt it would be better to go be with his wife Alisa there at the hospital ... SO ... since we didn't do the "Starbucks thing" ... I went yesterday to Starbucks and bought 13 giftcards to hand out to our "group" last night ... and OF COURSE I would get someone who hadn't really done many giftcards ... SO ... with a little help from his manager, he got LOTS of training because of me! ha! Anyhoo ... it took a bit ... but ... once we were finished with the transaction and I was getting ready to leave, the man said, "Have a Sparkling Evening" ... Wow! Isn't it funny how you can take one "word", use a "spiffed up" synonym for it and make a difference to someone else ... People, everyday, say "have a nice day, have a great day ... etc. ... " (and we're used to hearing those phrases) but by simply saying the same thing "different", can make a difference ... ONCE AGAIN, left there thinking ... Wow! I want to do that for someone else ... I want to make someone feel special, with hardly no effort, just by being kind .... and maybe changing a synonym or two around once in a while! =) So ... THANKS Mr. Starbucks ... whoever you are ... for showing me how "simple" it is to be nice to someone and maybe say something "very simple" that they might need to hear at that moment ... Yeah, it might have taken a bit longer than it normally would have, Yeah, I "aided" in this guys training expericence of "how to" do something new at his job AND Yeah, it was a bit frustrating ... but it was nice that the Manager took the time to notice all of this and wanted "himself" to make a difference in my experience at Starbucks.

So ... Have A "Sparking" Friday ... as I leave you with this thought .... tammy

"We have things, friends and life on loan only. We know it, but we sometimes forget."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say that I was one of the 13 who got a Starbucks card and I must tell you that IT HIT THE SPOT! (Although the help at Starbucks wasn't deaf and they could talk) Thanks Tammy!

hahaha